CVHS Varsity Cheer Team

Shawn Robinson, Staff Writer

Pictured above: CV Varsity Cheer performing one of their stunts.

Every week on Friday night, there are a group of girls that go and cheer on the CV Varsity Football Team. They go everywhere the football team goes. If there’s an away game, you can bet that they’re gonna be there. If it’s a cold and brisk night,they’ll still be out there chanting, “C with the V, H with the S, Let’s go Reds.” You can always depend on them no matter what situation. As long as there’s a football game, this team will be there too. Ladies and gentlemen: your CVHS Varsity Cheer Team!

Pictured above: Sideline cheer team getting the crowd pumped up for the CVHS Varsity Football team.

The Varsity Cheer team works hard each and every week. They practice a few hours each night. Varsity Cheerleader, Ariana Zaglaniczny, says that they prepare for games by “working on tumbling, bringing in gymnastic coaches, conditioning to get stronger, and improve their stunts. We work on things that need improving, but we always build and try new stunts.”

Sideline cheer is not only for cheering at the football games, but it also prepares the team for the winter competitive cheer season. “A lot of people underestimate the cheer team because all they see is us at the football games on Friday nights. What they don’t see is the amount or hard work and dedication we put into competitive cheer,” explained Zaglaniczny. The season starts in November and doesn’t end until February and the team have competitions every Wednesday and Invitationals every Saturday. When asked about how the team will do this year,  Zaglaniczny answered, “We have many skilled tumblers and strong girls that will help us this upcoming season”.

On Friday nights, the cheer team helps to pump up the crowd for the game. When asked is she prefers home or away games more, Kylie Kuskowski said she enjoys home games more “because the atmosphere is bigger. The big lights, big crowd, and most importantly the game itself.”

Coach Kelly Eovaldi helps prepare the team for each game. She is very proud of her team because she said, “At the end of the day, it comes down to ‘Go Team'”, which much of the team agrees with. Zaglaniczny ended her statement by saying, “Sideline is our fun season and our competitive season is what cheer really is.”

Pictured above: CVHS Varsity Cheer Team huddling up before the game starts.

Make sure you come out and support your CVHS Cheer team as they take on the incoming competition season starting in November!