Justin Verlander

Nick Zipay, Staff Writer

Justin Verlander is a very well known guy. He played with the Detroit Tigers for 13 seasons leading them to many victories, and is now currently playing with the Houston Astros.

Verlander had helped the Houston Astros win the world series. Game seven was played on November 1st and the final score of game was 5-1. The Astros took home the trophy to finish off the series 4-3. The last time the Astros entered the world series was in 2005, which was the first time ever, they had got swept by the Chicago White Sox in four games. Not only did Verlander get himself a championship ring winning the world series with the Astros on November 1st, but he also married 25 year old model, Kate Upton!

The wedding took place at the Rosewood Castiglion Del Bosco resort.  Upton shared the engagement news back in May of 2016. “I’m really excited, he asked me right before season started so we’ve been keeping it on the down low for quite a while” said Kate Upton (tmz). Prior to getting engaged, the two has been dating for over three years. At the end of 2016, the couple had purchased a house of their own together for a total of $5.25 million. The house is 5,500 square feet with five bedrooms, six bathrooms, a pool, and a tennis court.

Justin Verlander is the fourth highest paid major league baseball player by salary ($28,000,000,). On July 4th, he made his major league debut in 2005 playing for the Detroit Tigers. Verlander had led his team in 2011-2014 to consecutive American League Central Division Championships. Verlander is ranked second for most strikeouts in the MLB with a total of 2,416. He has a win-loss record of 188 wins and 114 losses. The stud has pitched two no hitters in his career, once in 2007 and once in 2011, both while playing for the Detroit Tigers. JV will be continuing his career with the Astros looking for many more victories.