Christmas Gift Ideas!

Hannah Monks, Copy Editor and Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again. Radio stations are playing joyful and repetitive music, stores are decorated head to toe in lights and fake greenery, and people gather together with their loved ones to exchange gifts and be with family.

But what to buy? Here are some relatively easy gifts to buy or make for your family this Christmas.

1. A gift card – Now, of course this is not the most personal or even thoughtful gift ever, but if you’re struggling, it might be hard to buy for people. A gift card allows them the freedom to buy something they know they’ll love. And it’s because of you that they’re able to buy it!

2. Goodies – Who doesn’t love to bite into a home-made cookie? It can be anything. Cookies, muffins, brownies, or some other sweet treat. Goodies are special enough to be made by you and given to your family. At least they know you put your heart into them.

3. A picture frame – Print some pictures of your family together and put it in a cute decorated frame! It’s easy, thoughtful, and fun.

4. A card – Let’s say you have no idea what to get your family. Not to worry, cards are always appreciated! Whether you buy it or make it, it’s a simple gesture that brings a smile to everyone’s face.

5. A tie blanket – Tie blankets are a fun craft to make and warm to cuddle with. Making this blanket is as simple as cutting two sheets of fleece into strips and tying them together. If you make a large blanket it can take a while, but it’s all worth it to see the look of gratefulness on your family member’s face. Best part? Maybe they’ll share it with you!

6. Shadow box of memories – This one does require some effort but is completely worth it in the end. Put anything you like in there; movie tickets, photo booth strips, cards, anything that brings a smile to your face. This one touches the heart to the point of a long, squeezey hug.

7. Matching clothing – If you know your family member well enough, this could be a humorous gift idea. First thing to come to mind would be ugly Christmas sweaters, but it could be anything. Matching shirts, pants, etc. This could be either comedic or heartfelt.

8. Something personal – There are a few personal items on this list, but no one knows your family member better than you. Take their favorite thing, favorite object or activity and go from there. It could be music, sports, video games, the list goes on.

9. Your time – Imagine this: after you’re done eating breakfast, going to church, or whatever tradition you usually decide on, you snuggle up on the couch eating cannolis and watching Christmas movies. Isn’t that a beautiful scene?

10. Polaroid Camera – An easy way to capture Christmas memories with your loved ones.

Merry Christmas!