Gwen Mace

The time has come for late night studying and lots of caffeine, that’s right—midterm season. Everyone’s favorite time of the year to be stressing and crying a lot. If you ever are having trouble preparing, there are plenty of ways to be prepared for the upcoming tests. taking insight from a fellow student here at Chippewa who prepare a lot for midterms are going to help you.

There are plenty of great ways to remember everything you’ve learned over the last five months. Senior, Reagan Nelson gave us her methods  for studying,”I begin as early as possible, doing all the midterm review packets and making sure that I work on them, and I use note cards. ”

Nelson also shed light on how not to stress over midterms saying, “Go through all your notes, starting as early as possible for studying is the best. Also, contact your teachers if you’re really struggling in that class!” Be sure to study in a way that is best for you, by looking over what you need to from each class can help with limiting your amount of stress.

Mr. Marinello’s advice to students is to, “Assess your inventory, what you already know, and what you need to know, and prioritize. That way, you already know what you have to spend most of your time on. Put your efforts there.”As a teacher here, he sees students over think about midterms. His best advice for all the students would be, “Be prepared throughout the whole semester, you can’t be successful cramming for a test.”

Now having insight, into a students mind and a teacher, you should have no problem studying for this years up coming midterms. Whether you use note cards, look over all of your notes, do the reviews, or all of the above. There is one thing they agree on is that you need to study. Whether it is the smallest amount or too much, any at all can help with the tests and lessen your stress.