National Signing Day

Pictured: Gina Liss and Jacob Rybicki

Feburary 7th, 2018 marked the official signing day for college sports, and on that day, 26 Chippewa Valley student athletes signed to continue their sport at the next level.

At 6:30 in the morning, all 26 athletes and their families gathered into the auditorium to sign with their soon to be schools.

“After signing, I felt pretty accomplished because going through recruitment and putting all the time into the sport finally paid of. Finally committing was a great feeling.” Said Senior and Northwood softball commit,

Pictured: Leah Kadlitz

Gina Liss.

Lawrence Tech softball commit, Leah Kadlitz added, “When I signed, the biggest weight was lifted off of my shoulders and I could not be any more proud of myself. It almost seemed as if it couldn’t be true, until I realized I finally accomplished one of my all time goals of continuing softball in college.”

All 26 athletes have put in an immense amount of work into their sport and it truly paid off when they signed their commitment papers.

When asked about his signing process, Adrian College baseball commit, Brian Nadius, stated, “First, I emailed the coach at Adrian letting him know that I was interested in the baseball program and that I would love to visit the school. He responded the next day inviting me on a visit that upcoming

Pictured: Baseball Commits

weekend. The visit went great and I really liked the school. About three days later, Coach Rainey called me and offered me a spot on the team. I told him I was very excited and a week later I called him and accepted a spot on the team, and he sent me the letter of intent that week.”

We wish all of the Chippewa Valley athlete commits the very best as they continue their sport and academic journey at the college level!