Senior Grad Spotlight: Hannah Lackowski

Karen Andrade, Staff Writer

With graduation right around the corner and seniors crossing paths with reality, they all get hit with the idea that in a matter of months they will set foot into the real world, and the reckless times they lived in high school will soon conclude.

Graduating is a huge accomplishment for many teenagers, especially seniors. It comes with a sense of accomplishment and success and gives the most rewarding feeling ever.

When seniors get asked about how they feel high school went for them, you always get the ” It was high school,” and the, “it was what it was and went how it went” response.

But for senior Hannah Lackowski, she feels ,”it went as well as it could have.” She also replied, “Even though I may not have been the most popular or the smartest person, it was a great ride.”

Lackowski states that her most memorable moment throughout high school was attending the football games. She says that senior year was the first year she had ever gone to football games and experienced the rush every other high schooler talks about. She felt that just being there and cheering for her school was amazing. It was an indescribable feeling with unforgettable moments.

Lackowski says that she wishes she would of gone to more school events, but she’s glad she got to experience them with friends and was able to cheer as loud as she could for her school.

“High school is a place where we can make mistakes, have embarrassing moments and eventually laugh at them,” says Lackowski. If Lackowski could give one piece of advice to a freshman, it would be to “appreciate your time in high school because it will go by so quickly.” She also commented, “it feels like just yesterday I was taking my first steps into the ninth grade center.” She recalls those times flashing right before her own eyes.

Overall, high school has made Lackowski realize life is short and that this moment now is only temporary. Therefore, do everything you want to do and do it now.