Grey’s Anantomy

It was announced on March 8th, 2018 that both Jessica Capshaw (Arizona Robins) and Sarah Drew (April Kepner), will be leaving Grey’s Anatomy for good once the current 14th season is over.

Jessica Capshaw first appeared on Grey’s Anatomy in the 5th season as an attending surgeon and the new chief of pediatric surgery. Instantly, the viewers fell in love with Capshaw’s character, and since then she has been on the show for 10 seasons.

Sarah Drew was first introduced to the show back in the 6th season. She came in as a transfer from Mercy West. As quick as the fans were to fall in love with Capshaw, they were just as quick to fall in love with Drew.

For both ladies, the decision to leave the show was made by the show’s producers. The producers state that their exit is strictly based on the shows creative direction. As much as their characters are loved it’s time for their characters to exit the show.

Fans everywhere are saying that the show will not be the same, due to the fact that after a while on the show, both ladies were made “originals” and that was a sign to the viewers they wouldn’t get taken of the show. But like always, the shows comes with shocking surprises, both off and on screen.

Both Capshaw and Drew have taken to social media to express how they feel about their exit on the show.

Capshaw stated on her Instagram post following the release of the news that she is “sad” to see her (Arizona Robins) go but that she is “consoled” by the idea that she “will continue to live on and on in all of our consciousness and our imaginations”.

Drew also, stated on her Instagram that she is “sad and feels just what her fans feel”. She goes on to tell her fans that her story “isn’t over yet”.

As sad as everyone is to see both ladies exit the show, they both know they’ve done a good job on the show and are happy and hopeful for their future and what’s to come for them.