Logan Paul’s Comeback

Carla Perkins, Feature Editor

Paul’s First Apology Statement

After facing tremendous backlash from his Aokigahara Forest video where he filmed and mocked a victim of suicide, Logan Paul took a brief hiatus from posting on YouTube to “reflect and grow” as a person. Despite donating to various suicide prevention/awareness organizations and posting public apologies for the suicide forest video, Paul has not earned back support from many YouTube creators and viewers.

During his “break” from the internet, Logan Paul has shifted from YouTube to the video gaming community, on which he’s been bragging about the number of followers he has acquired in a short time. Paul has been widely known to care a little too much about the numbers, so what happened in his comeback video was not a shock to many.

The 22-year-old with a large and predominately young platform has recently tried to pick up where he left off on YouTube, starting with releasing new merchandise. In his first regular video after the suicide forest incident, Paul announced his new merch and complained about being sued for what happened in Japan: not particularly the best way to reintroduce yourself and your content to the media.

Perhaps Paul’s lack of understanding of the gravity of his mistakes is what is causing more and more controversy to surround him. Painting himself as the victim of the scenario is sending red flags to viewers that Paul hasn’t truly learned the lesson that he should have.

If you haven’t seen Paul’s comeback video, he has returned to his usual shenanigans, or in other words, boasting about his subscriber count, yelling, and viciously promoting the new merch. The apologies and serious videos are no longer, and viewers should expect nothing less from Logan Paul.