The Bachelor’s Twisted Ending

Brooke Dobbs, Staff Writer

Arie Luyendyke was on the 22nd season of The Bachelor. After getting his heart broken in the 8th season of The Bachelorette in 2012, Luyendyke made his return searching for the woman of his dreams that wasn’t going to break his heart.

Luyendyke was born in the Netherlands and moved to Amercia when he was 3 years old. In 1992 he began racing which he then learned he had a passion for. Besides his hobby of racing, he works as a real estate broker in Scottsdale, Arizona.

As the season came to an end Luyendyke had a tough decision between Becca Kufrin and Lauren Burnham. He asked for Kufrin’s hand in marriage leaving Burnham heartbroken. After spending time with Kufrin he felt remorceful. He regretted rejecting Burnham and contacted her to try and rekindle things.

As of March 6, 2018 Arie Luyendyke and Lauren Burnham are now engaged. Since the break up between Luyendyke and Becca Kufrin, Kufrin has become the bachelorette for season 23.  Kufrin has already met a few of the contestants on the upcoming season at the aftershow. The season will start in late June and they have already started filming!

Kufrin has many supporters all around the country. Especially Becca Kufrin’s hometown, Minnesota. Rep. Drew Christensen has made a bill to ban Arie Luyendyke from entering the state of Minnesota due to “disturbance of peace.”

Christensen made a document with the following statement: “The state of Minnesota hereby adopts a policy of zero tolerance of Arie Luyendyk, Jr. from season 22 of The Bachelor, it is state policy that every person in the state has a right to live free from the presence of Arie Luyendyk, Jr. in the state.”

Since this has happened Luyendyke hasn’t made any plans to go anywhere near Minnesota due to all of the new “haters ” he has acquired. There have even been billboard signs for the rude action he made towards Kufrin.

To keep updated on the bachelor/bachelorette seasons follow @BachelorABC or BacheloretteABC on twitter.