Prom Tips/Tricks

prom
Back to Article
Back to Article

Prom Tips/Tricks

prom

prom

Getty Images

prom

Getty Images

Getty Images

prom

Nina Gojcaj, A&E Editor

The time has come for seniors to become busy with all things prom—dresses, dates, pictures, limos, and much more. Some of us have been planning for this day since September, and for others, it still has yet to cross our mind.

For the people who are stressing on where to purchase the perfect dress or tux, and where to take the best pictures, here are some helpful and affordable tips to make for a memorable prom experience.

1. Dresses
From long to short, black to neon pink, there is a prom dress for you no matter what your style is. If you are struggling to find your dream prom dress at an affordable price, there are many online options available to you. Although some people are paying up to $500 on dresses, on http://www.davidsbridal.com/prom there are sections of just as beautiful dresses all under $100, and some are even under $50.
Another great option is Macy’s. Although they do have their fair share of high-end and expensive dresses, there is a large selection of affordable ones, which range from extravagant to simple. These kinds are especially found when shopping on Macy’s online store.

2. Pictures
Taking prom pictures before the dance is a great way to capture memories you will want to keep forever.
There are a variety of beautiful parks and locations throughout Macomb County that have a great background scenery for your pictures. George George Park on Moravian Dr., and Mae Stecker Park are two fairly popular areas for prom pictures. Although, these locations tend to be very packed. When you to parks that are much too crowded, it is easy to become frustrated because of no parking spaces and the nicer areas to take pictures will already by occupied by other groups.
A way to avoid locations that are swarming with other prom groups is to take pictures at someone’s house. More specifically, if someone in your group has a big enough backyard with nice scenery, taking pictures there might be easier for you and your group!

3. Hair/Makeup
Another important prom preparation to plan for is your hair and makeup. Salons in the Macomb area, such as Bianchi’s Salon on 18 mile, Tricho Salon in Partridge Creek, and more, can charge you hundreds of dollars to get your hair done for prom. The same can be said for getting your makeup done at Sephora, MAC, or Ulta—the cost is too expensive for some.
To avoid spending way too much on a hair and makeup look, check on YouTube or Pinterest for easy-to-follow tutorials, and trust yourself! Practicing beforehand would be helpful, so you can be prepared for the big day.

Another thing to remember is that after Spring Break (April 9th and beyond),  students who need early release on May 11th can have their parents call the the CVHS attendance office, and have you excused in advance.

Most importantly, make sure you buy your tickets online before April 13th, and have a great and safe time at Chippewa’s 2018 prom!