Student Election Results

Ranaya Gilliam, Copy Editor

After setting good examples and working hard all school year, it’s time for those students that want to help contribute to the school to begin campaigning for next year’s Class Council and Student Government Officers. During the week of April 16th, for three days those wishing to have a leadership position in Chippewa Valley High School campaigned and talked to their fellow peers to gain votes. Our elections are based on Democracy, meaning that we get to choose who we want to share our voice. After making many posters and posting on all social media platforms, the following students won a CVHS officer position and also explained how they plan on helping out the school next:

Student Government 

• Monét Stewart, President;” I am ecstatic for the upcoming school year as I transform into being the  STUGO President. As President, I will continue to lead the whole student body into the right direction and find ways to interact with everyone. I can’t even explain how much it’s going to mean to me to introduce new ideas into the school for fundraising, activities, and of course homecoming! I cant wait to see what the new year brings.”
  • Mirela Mamushlari, Vice President; ” As the Vice President, I can’t wait to bring new ideas to the table. And I also hope to serve as the person that people can come to for help and I can’t wait to see what close bonds I will continue to grow into and see all we will  accomplish next year as a Student Government.”
  • Claire Barry, Secretary; ” I am so excited for next year and serving as the STUGO Secretary…my job is to keep meetings organized and running smoothly. But for me though, STUGO is like a family to me and I cannot wait to work with the people I’ve become so close to for another year and also help new members feel welcome!”
  • Grace Tocco, Treasurer; ” I’m honored to be a part of the STUGO eboard. As treasurer, Chippewa is going to be introduced to beneficial fundraisers and other creative ways to raise money to make the next school year unforgettable.”

Senior Class

• Elena Miller, President
  • Jenna Brown, Vice President; “I hope that, as a leader of senior class, I can help increase involvement and excitement regarding school activities. I’m also looking forward to being a part of making this upcoming school year the best one yet.”
  • Bayley Borowy, Secretary
  • Madelyn Gueccia, Treasurer

Junior Class

• Katie Bobzin, President
  • John Sobah, Vice President; “ I’ve worked with the council the past two years and know we have the capability to have an extremely successful year. I hope that the council trusts me and is not afraid to come to me with any ideas they have. This upcoming year I want to get out of my comfort zone and try new things with the help of my fellow officers. I am very optimistic about the year to come, and know that this council will do great things. The other officers and I have already started making plans for the council and are looking forward to working hard to achieve all of our goals.”
  • Genna Vento, Secretary; ” I am very excited for next year to serve as Junior Class Secretary. I have many plans and ideas for the upcoming year. Is  am also excited to go throughout the school year with the other officers so we can bond and create the best class council!  
  • Roger Briddick, Treasurer

Sophomore Class

• Brandon Frederick, President; “I am honored to be leading the sophomore class council and very excited to be working with Michael, Elma, and Jordan. We plan on collaborating and making fun events for the whole student body, as well as making events run as smooth as possible. We all are excited to guide our class to a successful year and show The Valley what the class of 2021 can do!”
  • Michael Wasmund, Vice President
  • Elma Mehmedovic, Secretary; “I’m looking forward to leading the sophomore class and growing as a leader in the 2018-2019 school year! One of my main goals for next year is to keep the student body informed and work for a good turnout at all student council planned events! I am also very excited to work with Brandon, Micheal, and Jordan and see how we’ll work together to make this next school year the best it could be for everyone else.”
  • Jordan Foster, Treasurer; “ I’m looking forward to taking over former treasurer Roger Bridick’s position and I really want to focus on homecoming and more activities throughout the year that will give back to our schools and our community, for example, the canned food drive and the toy drive at Christmas. I want to hold fundraisers that are cost efficient and represent what the students like. If the fundraiser intrigues the students they’ll be more likely to participate. Therefore the outcome will be better in both sides. I am looking forward to the 2018-2019 year.”

The Tomahawk congratulates all of the 2018-2019 Class Council and Student Government Officers!

All pictures are courtesy of Hailey Quinn.