CVHS Art Show

Hannah Monks, Staff Writer/Copy Editor

Artwork by senior Anthony McClorey

“Art shows really are about the students having a showcase and being recognized as an artist.”

The Clinton Macomb Public Library is having their seventh art show hosted by CVHS. Art teacher Ms. Wilson has been preparing for this show all year. “We have multiple staff meetings to prepare for this.” Wilson said.

CVHS hosts multiple art shows each year, including the one at the library, one at our school, one at the Anton art Center, and one at Macomb Community College for Scholastics. The school has been putting up art shows for more than right years.

To prepare for art shows, you have to hang onto art work all year that is recognized as strong pieces, that’s the first step. Next, you have to organize it with art teachers and have meetings with the FACC (Fine Arts Curriculum Council) and find a date. Then of course there’s the matting of artwork plus the labeling and setting up structures to hold everything.

Photo by senior James Mackey

This specific art show started last week and ends this week on Thursday the tenth. Art shows typically last up to two weeks so they can prepare for the next one that’s just around the corner.

“I tend to keep the artwork that is artistically strong from students who show a lot of growth.” Wilson said. “We truly will do a whole lot for the kids at this school, and this is one of them. You know, I love these kids and it’s something really special for us to be able to do this.”

The art show features fantastic work from not just our high school, but from the whole district; from Mohegan to Ojibwa, they feature it all. So stop by and have a look into the creative minds of our district.