Worst To Best MCU Films

Sal Catherincchia, Staff-Writer

1. Thor the Dark World: This dreary and pointless sequel Thor the Dark World is an overall boring attempt to make a darker and more entertaining sequel to the already mediocre Thor.                                                        

2. The Incredible Hulk: The only “incredible” thing about The Incredible Hulk is its ironic lack of a rampaging hulk. Overall, the film is mostly forgettable with the exception of an entertaining antagonist played by Eli Roth.                 

3. Iron Man 2: Respectively, the original Iron Man had its fair share of dirty humor and cool characters, and Iron Man 2 attempts to increase all of that, but ends up making an uncomfortable movie filled with bad jokes and unlikable characters.

4. Avengers Age of Ultron: As great as the first Avengers is, the truth always has been that Avengers Age of Ultron could never live up to the hype that was set when it was released as it flops with bad writing and an under-performing villain.

5. Iron Man 3: While most of Iron Man 3 is an improvement from Iron Man 2, it still falters with pointless subplots and wasted villains played by Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce.

6. Thor: The movie Thor truly shines when it follows Thor in Asgard fighting monsters and the antagonist Loki. Unfortunately, a good portion of this movie takes place on boring old Earth with a boring supporting cast of humans.

7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2: As fun and musically entertaining this sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy can be, it can also find itself with a little more style over substance having the weirdness/randomness of the story overshadow the movie.

8. Doctor Strange: By far, this film stays as the most stunningly magical and visually interesting Marvel films of all time.

9. Black Panther: While this movie is amazing at portraying the African Culture and making the villain Erik Killmonger very likable, Black Panther might be a slightly overrated flick.

10. Thor Ragnarok: Thankfully, this Thor movie finally ditches the human stories and goes all out with gladiators, giant monsters, and insanely funny dialogue.

11. Ant-Man: This movie incredibly blends the sci-fi story of shrinking with a ‘Mission Impossible’ like heist movie and a lot of heart and humor thrown in with care.

12. Iron-Man: The film that kick-started the MCU rises to all the expectations we have for Marvel movies including fantastic action, characters, and storytelling.

13. Captain America : A truly classic WWII period piece, styled as an adventure, following the story of Captain America fighting the Nazi organization of Hydra and its nefarious leader: The Red Skull.

14. Spider-Man Homecoming: This has some of the most lovable things about Spider-Man’s comics intertwined within a story offering great characters, humorous writing, and an admirable amount of heart which drives the story forward.

15. Guardians of the Galaxy: Something about the Star Wars-esque, world-building, and strange characters makes Guardians of the Galaxy one of Marvel’s most unique and funny movies.

16. Captain America Civil War: While this movie may be the stereotype of making your favorite superheros fight one another, Captain America Civil War has proven itself to be an amazing Marvel experience anyone can enjoy.

17. Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Thanks to this movie’s awesome transformation into an epic spy film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier finds itself being the perfect balance of interesting and entertaining.

18. The Avengers: Was there ever any doubt? The sheer amazement of The Avengers is unbelievable. Seeing the ensemble cast of heroes on screen together defending NYC makes this movie iconic and truly unlike any other.