Relay For Life

Alexis Bluhm, Staff Writer

Relay For Life is an amazing event that Chippewa Valley high school holds every year to bring awareness to cancer and gain donations for cancer. It is a beautiful experience to celebrate the ones who beat cancer and the ones that sadly lost. There are many teams there that sell things to gain donations for the cancer that they are fighting for.

One of the most well known teams is Team Peter. Team Peter is run by Wyandot middle school. They created this team after the loss of Peter Dubon back in 2012. The school created the team, team Peter to gain donations for child cancer. Many teams are run by families that have been affected by cancer or schools that have started a club to bring awareness to cancer.

Relay For Life is a great way to spend time with family and to donate to a good cause. All the survivors come together and have their own survivors walk, where for 10 minutes all the ones who’ve survived cancer get to all walk together on the track once and then when they all finish they get to go to a lunch in the middle of the field. This event goes from 10am to the next morning. The teams have the privilege to set up a tent on the field and stay the night. Around 10pm they set up paper lanterns around the track and we have a silent walk around the track all together to remember our loved ones that we have lost due to cancer. It is definitely an experience that you truly never forget and will hold on to forever.

Make sure you come down on May 19th to support those who are currently fighting cancer.