AP Test Season

Nina Gojcaj, Arts & Entertainment Editor

As May arrives, committed students all over the country are preparing day and night for their national advanced placement exams. Whether you are taking the AP Chemistry test or AP Literature test, it is important to take the proper steps in order to be as successful as possible. 

Reagan Nelson, dedicated academic achiever, is taking a total of three AP tests this year. Last year, when studying AP Calculus with Mrs. Mills, is when Nelson began to feel extremely prepared for these types of exams. “Mrs. Mills would give us practice AP tests every two days for at least a month, warm-up problems every day, and we took a practice test in the computer lab.”

Along with Mrs. Mills, most teachers go above and beyond to do everything in their power to help you succeed. But ultimately, your results are up to you.

Barron’s Books, available in most book stores and libraries, are test prep books that have been a helpful tool for students over the years of national exams. Along with subject material, they include practice tests that you can use to consistently improve your scores.

“Taking practice tests through Khan Academy and scoring yourself is a useful way to improve your score.” For the more English based tests, Nelson adds that it is important to focus on reading through your notes, textbook, and complete practice FRQs.

At the end of the day, it is crucial to avoid becoming overwhelmed, and get plenty of sleep leading up to your exam. “Don’t be intimidated by the test, if you study and practice properly, you will be more prepared than you think,” Nelson advises to first time AP test-takers.