Cuts for a Cure

Nick Zipay, Staff Writer

Chippewa valleys baseball program currently hosted their 3rd annual home run derby, Cuts for a Cure. The home run derby to raise money first started three years ago and has plans to continue for many future years coming. Family, friends, and alumni come out each year to support . The event is a fun way to raise money for cancer funds and to raise money for awareness of those around us affected by cancer and to honor them. Everyone has the opportunity to donate some money to get some swings and try to hit a home run . Its fun for the teams to try and take some big swings and watch others hit some out.

Paying $5 would get you 5 swings. As an addition to the money paying to hit the baseballs T-shirts were also sold. This is a big event for most people a lot of team mates and students all over are effected by knowing a loved one with cancer, its always good to see a lot of people supporting events like this to raise money while having a good time. Not only were the current players on the baseball team getting involved this past Friday, but players that graduated in the past years to come out and show their support.

“The derby is a great way every year to raise money for a good cause and help give back to the community, and this is something my self and the team enjoys every year.” Said Austin Frederick a Big Red baseball player who has participated in the home run derby for three consecutive years. Its easy to help support something when you are doing something you love.

This is a big event that helps bring families battling cancer come together. The families appreciate the event and the impact it makes on their loved ones.