Graduation Party Essentials

Joslynn Monroig, Student Life Editor

It is that time of year again, graduation, which only means one thing: graduation parties! Nearly every senior attends their friend’s parties, but also has one of their own. The talk of the party is college, summer plans, but most importantly the party itself, and the accomplishment of completing high school. So what are the necessities for the party? Let’s find out!

A Theme

It isn’t necessarily a need, and obviously isn’t mandatory but it is indeed very exciting to have a theme. You get to have a party that is all Image result for grad party theme 2018about you, about one of your favorite things, so you pick. Choose a theme that is something you hold near and dear to your heart, whether that be sports, art, writing, or maybe even your favorite childhood movie; something that you enjoy that will also catch your guest’s eyes.

Appropriate Location

The location itself isn’t really a priority, many people have their parties at their house, you just have to make sure that your venue is big enough to hold all of your guests. A perfect place is somewhere where you can travel from indoors to outdoors; perfect to spend time outside and soak up the rays, then move inside if it gets to be a little too warm.

Yummy Food

You pick a food that is good for you, if you’re Italian maybe pizza or some kind of pasta, or if you’re Mexican, maybe tacos or nachos; but you can never go wrong with a classic hot-dog, hamburger, or even a sub sandwich.

Memory Boards

Having a memory board is something that every attendee can admire. From the way the graduate has grown throughout life to where they are currently and all of their life memories.

Graduate’s Accomplishment

If you were involved on a sports team, in a lot of school clubs, or even enjoyed something outside of school like writing or art, it could be a cool thing to have an accomplishment table. Where the grad gets to show off everything that they’re proud of and worked so hard for.

Quality Music

It is always good to have a music playlist on hand, whether it be the graduate’s personal favorites, throwback songs, or what’s currently circulating on the radio stations. Having some background noise could give the guests something to talk about but also fill in silence.

As the class of 2018 begins to walking their final walks throughout their schools hallways, and saying their final goodbye to teacher and friends, it is the start of a new beginning and the start of living as an adult out in the world. As a class of 2018 senior, I wish my fellow graduates good luck in whatever their futures hold and congratulations on graduating high school!