Movie Review: Avengers Infinity War

Back to Article
Back to Article

Movie Review: Avengers Infinity War

Salvatore Catherincchia and Kimberly Schulte

Ever since the end credits scene of The Avengers that first teased the sinister Thanos, the MCU has been building up to a final showdown pitting the Avengers against this threat. Well after 10 years of waiting the big one has arrived with Avengers Infinity War. With promises of action, character development, and even death, Infinity war became easily the most hyped up movie of the year. However, would this movie payoff the hype or simply be crushed under its own anticipation?
First the good aspects. This movie has truly fantastic characters with a gigantic ensemble cast spanning from the Avengers to the Guardians of the galaxy. Furthermore, no character is greater than the complex antagonist Thanos who brings a level of depth and sympathy to his overall story line. Secondly, the film has amazing action that always keeps you on the edge of your seat in awe. Lastly, the film has a very interesting brand of writing and cinematography. It offers up great dialogue and inner messages along with palpable shots and world building.
Now the less than great parts from Avengers Infinity War . While the movie has a good overall story, it does tend to be a bit cluttered with 4 different subplots commencing in tandem. Certain characters could’ve been focused on more such as Captain America or The Winter Soldier who came off a bit flat in this film. Lastly, while Infinity war does have a compelling story, the film feels more like an experience than a movie. From start to finish the movie never truly cools down and is constantly building up in momentum until it reaches its end which I will not dare spoil, but long story short, it is quite epic.
In conclusion, Avengers Infinity war is an awesome roller coaster of a movie. Its hits all the marks for a fantastic ensemble film that both pays off the hype and leaves people begging for more. So for Infinity War’s Epic action, great characters, and a fantastic story that truly proves the companies name Marvel.