Halloween Costume Ideas

Kendra Babbitt, Copy Editor

Spooks, laughs, and fun are just around the corner. That’s right, Halloween is only three short weeks away, which means it’s time to start searching for that perfect costume. Whether you’re going to a party with someone special or just doing something fun with your friends, I have costumes that you are sure to love.

Single Costumes

Image result for clark kent costume

Superman: This one is a classic. Go to Walmart and buy a cheap shirt with a Superman logo on it. Wear it under a button up shirt and tah-dah! You’re both Clark Kent and Superman at the same time.

Doctor: For those of you in Medical Careers, this should be an easy one. Just simply wear your hospital scrubs! You can even run up to party city and get a fake stethoscope to wear around your neck.

Athlete: Yes, this an extremely common costume, but it’s also a classic. Almost everyone has a sports jersey laying around their house somewhere. Wear the jersey along with a pair of knee high socks and some black face paint—you’ll fit right in.

Couple’s Costumes

Image result for kim possible and ron stoppable costumes

Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable: This is the kind of costume that will get you originality bonus points and it’s also super easy. Run to your local Salvation Army and get a pair of cargo pants for your significant other and yourself. Wear them with a plain black long sleeve shirt and you’re both ready to go!

Harley Quinn and the Joker: You’ll be seeing this couple’s costume everywhere this year. Since the movie Suicide Squad came out, people have been dying to wear these costumes. It may be more difficult to put together, but with a lot of face paint and attention to detail, this is the perfect costume idea.

Dalmatian and a Fireman: Super cute and easy is how I would describe this costume. Girls: with face paint, draw black spots and a dog nose on your face. Then wear a black skirt, a white shirt, and pair of dog ears. Boys: wear a white shirt with any pair of pants and red suspenders. Then buy a cheap fireman’s hat and you’re all set to make people jealous with your guys’ adorable couple’s costume.

Group Costumes

Image result for the breakfast club

The Breakfast Club: This costume is made completely of things that you probably have at home. The five characters each have different aesthetics, so have everyone in your group choose a character and have them look around their house for similar clothing items. If you don’t have something, run up to the Salvation Army!

Ninja Turtles: This one is extremely easy. There are four turtles in total, so have each person buy a shirt that looks like the front of a turtle shell—these can usually be found at Walmart. Then have everyone pick which color turtle they would like to be and get accessories to match, such as a tutu or a bandana.

Pokémon: Throwback, am I right? This group costume idea is awesome because there is no limit to its number of people. Have one of the people in your group dress as Ash, while everyone else dresses as Pokémon. You’ll definitely get positive attention with this costume.

Punny/Cringe Worthy Costumes

Image result for ceiling fan costume

Ceiling Fan: If you’re looking to get a few laughs, this costume is perfect and can be done with groups or by yourself! Grab a plain t-shirt with no design on it and use either paint or markers (depending on how crafty you’re willing to get) and write “Go Ceiling!” on the shirt—you’re ready to make people cringe.

Hopefully these costumes helped you out or gave you some bright ideas of your own!