Hall Road Construction

Kendra Babbitt, Copy Editor

It’s everyone’s favorite season here in Michigan: construction season. The newest and most inconvenient of them all, or so it seems, has everyone stressing to find new routes. Hall Road has recently begun its complete remodeling.

The reconstruction of Hall Road started back in March, and although they have made a lot of progress, it is only the beginning. The road

work is estimated to last for the next two years and is a $60 million project. The project is not only supposed to fix the unsteady, bumpy streets of Hall Road, but also ramps, sidewalks, drainage, and modern traffic signals. The construction will also help with Hall Road’s overall aesthetic by adding other improvements such as trees and other plants.

While all of these new advantages may seem great, it is not the biggest improvement to be made. The project is also adding a fourth lane to the road on a section of the street on both sides to reduce traffic.

The construction is going to bring many advantages to Hall Road, but not at a free cost as the road will not be done until 2019. This creates a big problem to those who use Hall as a time saver on their way to work, school, or any other destination. I asked a few people around school about their opinions on the road work. Senior Hailee Ostermiller told me how she felt about the construction.

Hall Road & Delco looking north from west bound M 59. .

“I feel as though it needs to be done, the need to find a more efficient way to do it. It is going to take way too long.” This is how many people feel about the project. It is certainly needed, but is causing more of a problem at the moment due to its long construction period. Another senior, Brittany Guzynski, agrees with Ostermiller. She says, “It creates more stress because people now have to leave their houses earlier and find alternate routes. For me specifically, it is going to be a problem trying to get to Oakland University for class next year.”

While the construction is going to cause a time and traffic issue for the next two years, it is also universally agreed that the road work is long overdue and much needed. The end result of the Hall Road reconstruction is worth the wait and trouble.