CVHS Softball 2017 – Ready For Districts

Regan Durak, Staff Writer

The Chippewa Valley Softball teams have really knocked this season out of the park. After the impressive accomplishments last year, the Varsity and JV teams were ready to tackle the season. Varsity has led off with an astounding 13 wins and 5 losses. Their first win of the year was against Rochester with a final score of Chippewa Valley: 11 points and Rochester: 9 points. The team then went on to steal four more wins against Marine City, Fraser, and Romeo.  Recently, the VS team defeated Utica on Tuesday, May 9th with the final score being 6-5. The girls will be heading into their Royal Oak Tournament on May 13th! Congrats Varsity softball on your wins so far!

A third year Varsity and junior at Chippewa, Alisa Twomey, was eager to get back out on the field. “I was excited about being an upperclassman on the varsity team this year,” explained Twomey, “I was ready to take on the season and play the sport I love.” Alisa Twomey also enjoyed becoming closer with her teammates over the years in such a great environment. “A good majority of the team is made up of juniors who have been on Varsity since freshman year. We have all gotten closer as the years went on.” When asked her most memorable moment of this season, Alisa Twomey was thrilled to inform me one of the teams biggest achievements. “We beat Stevenson 5-2! We were losing until the sixth inning when we scored four runs!”

The JV Softball team is not one to be underestimated. So far, the team has gained six wins over the past couple months. One of their first victories of the season was against Romeo High School. It was tough game for the girls after a final score of 17-16 when CVHS battled it out for the win. JV “B” has also had an amazing start to the year being 5-3. The team crushed Fraser on May 10th with a 20 point lead! Many pitches, innings, and fastballs lead to each teams success this year.

“Softball has taught me so much in life. I have learned that you have to forget your failures and mistakes in order to be successful in the future,”explained Alisa Twomey. “I have learned that optimism is key and negativity can only hurt the team.” To the underclassman, continue to push yourself and test your limits in this season and next. To the seniors, congrats on a triumphant end to your years of Chippewa Valley Softball. Show support for these wonderful ladies of the Varsity softball team on May 15th against Lakeview, and the JV ladies against Utica. Go Big Reds!

Pictures found at: http://bigredsoftball.weebly.com/