Homecoming Weekend

Gwen Mace, Staff writer

Homecoming weekend kicked off for Chippewa Valley with the Varsity football team’s big win against Utica High School (44-0). Every type of sports jersey you can imagine filled the stands. The Rowdy Red Zone was packed from top to bottom with cheering students.

Vince Buccilli and Kasey Myers were crowned Chippewa’s homecoming King and Queen during halftime. “I wanted to win, and it definitely helped me and my team win the game.” Buccilli said about his win. Myers stated ” I didn’t think I was gonna win, but it’s one of my most memorable moments at Chippewa Valley.”

On Saturday the dance was full wall to wall with girls in dresses; long and short, lacy, glittery, and elegant, and boys in their tuxes. Guys and girls flowed through the auditorium doors at 7:00 p.m. ready to dance and sing lyrics together to their favorite songs.  The halls were filled with amazing decorations of our homecoming theme, Valleys Got Game. The STUGO E board member and Head of decorations Erika Samulski said “Were there the night before till 1:00 am and there the next morning at 6:00 in the morning.” They put a lot of thought, time, and handwork into these homecoming decorations each year.

The Homecoming dance is the highlight of the weekend’s activities, and even the highlight of most student’s school year. Whether it was your first or last Homecoming, it was surely a memorable evening for everyone who participated.